In Brazil, the hydric resources are classified according to its uses and present specific patters of quality for each type of use – human consumption, conservation of the balance in aquatic communities, recreation, irrigation, aquaculture and fishing activities, sailing, among others. In face of this big variety, hydric management is fundamental.
The control of quality of waters is an important handling tool to allow that every course of water maintain its characteristics. It’s necessary to be efficient when using the resources, having equality on the allocation of waters among every socioeconomic groups, and protect the ecosystem and hydric resources in an integrated way.
Allonda offers various types of services to optimize hydric management in industries, public sector, and other segments. See some down below:
- Coordination and elaboration in the strategic plans of hydric resources
- Conservation of hydric resources and optimization of the capacity of water provision of the county
- Recovering of water streams
- Implementation of the control of flood system
- O&M for water streams, lagoons and reservoirs, for emergency controls, including maintenance of emergency teams, for integrated and isolated systems of water and sewage, with or without investment
- Improvement in the management systems of the use of urban soil
- Identification of contaminated areas and of potential risks to the population
- Revitalization of contaminated areas or with environmental passives for urban usage
- Treatment Water Systems with various ends
- Treatment System of sewage and industrial effluents for various ends
- Optimizing of hydric resources and decrease losses
- Planning of hydric management constructions
Planning of hydric management constructions
As predicted by the National Water Resources Policy, and the Plans of Hydric Resources are documents that define the agenda of a region, including information about the actions of management, projects, works and priority investments. Besides, provide updated date that contribute for the enrichment of the database of ANA (National Agency of Waters).
From an integrated vision of the usages of water, the plans are elaborated in three levels: river basin, national and state. They also count on the development of governmental organs, civil society and various institutions that participate on the management of hydric resources.
Another instrument of the politics adopted by ANA in the planning field is the framework of water bodies, that stablish the quality level to be reached on maintained throughout time.
Problems during the planning can result in fails in future projects, works, expansions or investments in constructions of hydric management (inlet, treatment, distribution) impacting directly on the quality of water that supply for households and companies.
Technologies and expertise in hydric management constructions
Allonda, through its multidisciplinary, and qualified technical body, is able to see solutions that range from the punctual problem to the macro scenery, observing factors of influence that triggered determined crises and taking in consideration environmental aspects that were considered in the urban and rural development system, interacting with the various players of the Government and civic society.
To reach the expected goal, many forefronts can be necessary, such as the following:
- Partnership with municipal, state and governmental organs (strengthening the National Water Resources Policy)
- Identification and monitoring of areas with potential erosive processes
- Planning the occupation and use of soil
- Mapping and sectorization of risky areas
- Guidelines for recovery and re-urbanization
- Evaluation and diagnose of contaminated areas
- Recovery of areas using vegetation, bioengineering of soils, physics, chemistry, or thermal methods
- Determining the volumes of consumption and loss of water in the county/determination of global volumes of generation, capture and waterborne sewerage in rivers and reservoirs
- Guidelines for projects of conversion of public buildings and sustainable design: reuse of rainwater, inside water management, energetic efficiency, natural ventilation, and thermal comfort
Execution of hydric management constructions
Projects and Hydric Management Constructions demand multidisciplinary teams acting together, embracing the following areas of engineering, among others:
- Processes: definition of strategy and technologies to be applied
- Civil: defining the implementation of the process
- Piping and Mechanic: general plant, equipment rent and detailing of the lines, besides the list and equipment data sheet, drawings and detailing of equipment
- Electic and Instrumentation: calculation and list of wires, plants, identification of engines and panels, identification of instruments, grounding, among others
- Operation and Maintenance (O&M): operate and secure the maintenance of the unity or the implanted process, ensuring the efficiency and availability of equipment with less cost for the final customer
Allonda has great expertise in the matter of executing projects of large size in various Brazilian states and Latin America. Our high capacity of proposing quick and innovative solutions, besides agility and mobilization, make Allonda a different company for projects of hydric management.
Special care in hydric management constructions
Approximately 80% of the water available for human consumption is converted into sewage. In case this amount is not properly collected and treated, there’s a serious risk of compromising the watersheds. This way, the capturing for water provision of rivers, treated sewage hosts or in natura, may be damaged.
Another big problem in the hydric area in Brazil is the unstoppable exploitation of resources without previous evaluation of the impacts of said activity. That’s why works carried out by Allonda are so relevant for the safety of waters, companies and people.
The reflex of a well-done hydric management is done in the reduction on costs in the collection and treatment of generated waste, for example. This work also decreases the necessity to make big projects of depollution of hydric courses.
There’s also the improvement of drainage in urban and rural areas, as well as less commitment of watersheds and underground hydric resources.
The hydric management is important because of the various usages of water – human consumption, preservation and balance in aquatic communities, recreation, irrigation, aquaculture and fishing activities, sailing etc. Inside this context, the control of the quality of waters is an important management tool to allow that every course of water maintain its characteristics.